Tuesday, August 5, 2008

PrayStampEatSleep asks...

"The area around my cuticles is tough, especially around my toes. I just hate it, what can I do?"

This can be frustrating and an eyesore but DO NOT PICK OR PEEL!!! I recommend you get manicures and pedicures often so that a licensed professional can soften, loosen, and nip the dead and hard cuticle skin. At home, you can take a sturdy nail file, dampen it with water, place the file flat on the skin, and file the skin in a downward motion. This helps to file away and soften some of the dead skin. Exfoliate your hands and feet by using an exfoliating scrub and be sure to keep your cuticle area moisturized and nourished. You can use a moisturizing lotion, shea butter, Vaseline, cuticle oil, or olive oil. Keep me posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment